- Considering the current and foreseeable local and national epidemiological conditions related to the covid-19 pandemic;
- recalling the founding principles of the university experience of the historic Italian public universities, such as the University of Siena;
- considering the discussion held during the CRUI Assembly on June 23,2022 recalled by the Rector;
- given that the discussion on the teaching activities in the 2022/23 academic year cannot be reduced to just “streaming no/yes”;
- given that, in the new post-covid scenario, the elimination of the streaming is not sufficient to bring back all students to attend classes in presence;
- pending, however, any other ministerial indication;
The Academic Senate and the Managing Board of the University of Siena reiterate the founding value of the presence at the university, which makes the university experience complete not only through the possibility of attending lectures in classroom, but especially by sharing libraries, laboratories, study rooms.
In light of the above, while willing not to disperse the wealth of experience on digital tools gained during the previous pandemic period, the Senate and the Managing Board approve the following Guidelines relating the teaching activities in the academic year 2022/23.
1. All teaching activities will take place entirely in presence.
2. The University will in any case guarantee the availability of every digital technological tool to enrich and innovate teaching activities also to respond to particular needs for the functioning of the course;
3. Exams and Graduations will also take place exclusively in presence.