The internship activity must be congruent with student curriculum and must be done under the supervision of an academic tutor. The internship can be carried out either at Department of Information Engineering and Mathematics or at an organization/company having established the appropriate agreement (convenzione) with University of Siena.
1. Before starting the internship, the student must chose an academic tutor in the set of tenured teachers of University of Siena. The student and the tutor must agree in advance on the activity to carry out, the period and the number of credits to be assigned to the internship (1 credit = 25 hours).
2. The approval of the internship by teacher committee before starting the internship is required only in the case that the university tutor is NOT a teacher of one of the programs offered by DIISM (he/she is a tenured teacher of other departments of University of Siena). In such a case, the student must issue the request by using the form "Request form for internship approval by teaching commitee" at this page
3. Only if the internship is not done at the Department of Information Engineering and Mathematics and if the organization/company hosting the internship has not already signed a “Training and orientation agreement” with University of Siena, before starting the internship, the organization/company must carry out the procedure described in the following pages
4. Only if the internship is not carried out at the Department of Information Engineering and Mathematics, before starting the internship, the organization/company must fill the “Training and orientation project of the student”. Such a project will be signed also by the student. The procedure to write and register the project is described at this page
1. At the end of the internship, the student must prepare an internship report, using the form “Internship report” in this page.
2. The student must send an electronic version of the pdf form to university tutor (the student should not sent a scanned copy of the signed module, but the original pdf file, filled by the student).
3. The student must give to the university tutor a paper copy of the report; the report must be signed by the company tutor (a company tutor is required only if the internship has not been carried out at Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Informazione e Scienze Matematiche) .
4. The university tutor will forward the electronic version of the internship report to the student office, to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org .
5. The university tutor must sign the paper copy of the internship report and send the document to the student office.
6. If the internship has not been carried out at Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Informazione e Scienze Matematiche, the student must ask the company tutor to fill the evaluation form, by logging into the AREA RISERVATA AZIENDE in this web site.
The evaluation form is not required for foreign companies